The Remote Skills Course is an innovative solution for remote practitioners, enabling participants to connect simultaneously from multiple sites and gain valuable hands-on skills training in pre-hospital emergencies. The course costs £150 per participant, with a maximum of four participants per site.
Using professional broadcasting equipment and our bespoke Training Pods, we are able to deliver training anywhere in Scotland. In fact, anywhere in the world. Contents of the training pods include:
- Training defib
- Training manikins
- EZ-IO equipment
- Everything required for airway management
- Pelvic Binders
The Pods also contain HD webcams ensuring the highest quality is maintained throughout the course. We manage the shipping of these Pods to and from your location and allow time for you to familiarise yourself with the equipment before the course and time to practice after the live sessions have been completed.
Technical and administrative support is also provided throughout the course so you can have peace of mind and are able to concentrate on the skills being taught.
The Remote Skills Course is carried out entirely via Adobe Connect. This is a web based conferencing system that allows us to provide a high quality video and voice connection over the internet. All you require is access to a minimum 1mb broadband connection and a device that has an up to date web browser with the latest Adobe Flash player installed.
The benefits of pod remote skills training:
- No travel or accommodation costs.
- The ability to take part in the course from anywhere with access to a device and 1MB broadband internet connection
- We supply you with a high definition web-cam and provide IT support before and throughout the course.
- Certificate of completion valid for 1 year.
Details of the course
The Remote Skills Training is available as both Adult and Paediatric courses with each course consisting of 2 half days of teaching. The sessions are led by our experienced instructors who provide demonstrations of the skills and then supervise and support you while you practice these skills.
Sample content for one of our Adult Skills Courses:
- Airway Skills – Basic airway management and LMA insertion
- Resuscitation Skills – Run through of ALS algorithm, demonstration of single person CPR and AED use
- Trauma Patient Assessment – ABCD system
- Breathing Assessment and Management
- Circulation Assessment and Management
- Disability – AVPU assessment/pupils/sensory and motor function
- Packaging for Transport